Re-energizing Postnatal Massage
Enjoy the Benefits of Postnatal Massage
After pregnancy massage is a wonderful way to take care of yourself, at a crucial time when all your energy and efforts are centred on caring for your newborn.
Postnatal massage re-energizes you as a new mother, supporting the body in regaining its pre-pregnancy condition. The simple act of stretching out your body and relaxing the back muscles can alleviate much of the strain that has developed over your pregnancy. Add a pair of hands providing a soothing therapeutic massage, and you will be in heaven!
Additional benefits of postnatal massage:
- Reduces muscular tension and fatigue
- Relaxes muscles strained during labour or infant care
- Assists the uterus in contracting down to size and minimize bleeding
- Helps to balance hormones
- Lifts post-partum depression
- Aids in correcting posture
- Reduces any swelling or edema from the pregnancy
Our Vancouver registered massage therapists are trained in pregnancy massage (both prenatal and postnatal massage). They are also able to help in other aspects of postnatal care through providing core strengthening exercises, postural corrections and breastfeeding positions.
A postnatal massage can be booked as soon as two days after giving birth. You are welcome to bring your infant with you, but we recommend coming on your own in order to maximize the massage’s restorative benefits.
Contact us to book your after pregnancy massage.