Baby Massage and Baby Massage Classes
Learn Baby Massage
Babies are naturally beautiful to touch. The ancient art of baby massage has been practiced by many cultures and is easy to learn—and massaging baby will help you develop the loving touch you already possess!
Lead by one of our registered massage therapists trained in the art of infant massage, this class involves hands-on training in the positions, strokes and intents of baby massage. It will allow you to discover how you can easily practice this simple yet profound tactile communication with your baby. In two sessions you will learn how to massage baby and provide him or her with a full therapeutic body massage.
Choose from two formats for your baby massage session:
- One-on-one sessions at your home
- Group baby massage party – one parent hosts a class for friends who also want to learn
Contact us to book your infant massage session.
Infant Massage Benefits
Infant massage benefits are both physiological and psychological for baby and parent. Regular baby massage:
- Enables bonding between parent and child
- Helps the parent learn how to comfort baby
- Increases the parent’s confidence in caring for their child
- Improves baby’s muscle tone
- Improves baby’s digestive, circulatory and respiratory functions
- Helps baby relax and encourage better sleeping patterns
- Increases stimulation to the nervous system
Infant massage is suitable for all ages of babies, but it’s best to start massaging early. Babies can be as young as two weeks old.
Learning how to give a therapeutic infant massage will help you bond with baby.