The Holidays can make it tough to stay on track with your health and wellness. So many meals out with visitors, rich foods, and sweets! These Bliss Balls are a great alternative to holiday cookies and look just as festive. To activate your nuts simply soak overnight in filtered water. I love the combination of almonds and hazelnuts but feel free to add your own twist! Enjoy!
Bliss Balls Recipe:
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup activated nuts (I like almonds and hazelnuts)
1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
2-4 tablespoons coconut oil (start with less and check the consistency)
½ cup shredded coconut, plus more for rolling
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon flax seeds
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
- Whilst dates are soaking add nuts, cacao, shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds to food processor and mix.
- Add dates and process.
- If mixture is too dry add either a tablespoon of filtered water, or a little bit more coconut oil.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll mixture into bite size ball size.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut.
recipe adapted from here.